Chassidus for Noahides
Chassidus for Noahides
A prime purpose of the moral code of the Seven Universal Commandments is to teach Noahides about the Oneness of G-d, and therefore those parts of Torah that pertain to this knowledge are entirely permissible for Noahides to study.
Rabbi Eliyahu Touger, in his commentary to Maimonides Mishneh Torah (Laws of Kings 10:9), writes regarding this:
“In order to observe the prohibition against the worship of false gods correctly, one must become aware of G-d’s unity. Accordingly, a number of contemporary Sages have suggested the translation of certain basic Chassidic and Kabbalistic texts into English with the intent that they be studied by gentiles.”
Books and Websites
There Is One by Gutman Locks – ThereIsOne.com
TorahVisuals.com – An animated exploration of Kabbalah & Chassidus.
Tanya(We recommend that Noachides should only study the second book of the Tanya, namely ‘Shaar HaYichud VehaEmunah’).
Lessons In Tanya (Volume III) – Shaar HaYichud VeHaEmunah by Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi (Complete online book for free!).
Videos and audio: TanyaClass.com with Rabbi Ben Tzion Krasnianski.
Video: Chabad.org – Rabbi Gordon’s classes on Shaar HaYichud VehaEmunah
Audio: Chabad.org – Tanya with Rabbi Manis FriedmanAudio CD: Nothing Besides Him – based upon the second part of Tanya ‘Shaar Yichud v’HaEmunah’. 7 CD set – by Rabbi Manis Friedman. Nothing Besides Him – a profound appreciation of Creator and creation from the teachings of Chassidic masters, especially for Noahides. Understanding G-d is everyone’s duty. Now every one can study the oneness of G-d in a clear, understandable way.http://www.itsgoodtoknow.org/product/nothing-besides-him-lectures-on-god-manis-friedman/
The Gate of Unity & Faith Videos by Rabbi Assi Harel:
Sichos In English - www.sie.org - The works of the Rebbe in English.
Some of what the Rebbe said about the seven Noachide commandments:
- Vol. 1 – Yud-Aleph Nissan, 5738 (1978)
- Vol. 13 – 80th Birthday of the Rebbe, Yud Aleph Nissan, 5742 (1982)
- Vol. 16 – 81st Birthday of the Rebbe, 11th Day of Nissan, 5743 (1983)
- Vol. 16 – The Seven Noachide Laws (1983)
- Volume 17 – Acharon Shel Pesach – 22nd Day Of Nissan, 5743 – 1983
- Volume 26 – 83rd Birthday of the Rebbe, Yud-Aleph Nissan, 5745 (1985)
- Volume 27 – 20th Day Of Menachem Av, 5745 – 1985
- Volume 30 – Educating Mankind – The Seven Noachide Commandments
- Volume 30 – Acharon Shel Pesach, 5746 – 1986
- Volume 32 – Chof Menachem Av, 5746 – 1986
- Volume 33 – Chabad Houses — Everywhere, 5747 (1986)
- Volume 34 – Menorah – A Symbol Of Thanksgiving – Yud-Tes Kislev, 5747
- Volume 34 – Every Home A Chabad House – Chanukah, 5747 – 1987
- Volume 35 – Purim, 5747 – 1987
- Volume 35 – Shabbos Parshas Tzav, Shabbos HaGadol – 12th Day of Nissan, 5747 (1987)
- Volume 35 – Motzoei Shabbos Parshas Tzav – Eve of 13 Nissan, 5747 – 1987
- Volume 35 – Shabbos Parshas Emor – 17th Day of Iyar, 5747 – 1987
- Volume 35 – Eve of Erev Shavuos, 5747 – 1987
- Volume 35 – Second Day of Shavuos, 5747 – 1987
From the book: Kabbalah and Meditation for the Nations
The Seven Principals of Faith for Bnei Noach
Principal of Faith
Faith in the Existence of G-d the Creator
Faith in the Oneness of G-d.
We should worship only G-d.
The Verity/Truth of Prophecy.
The Eternal truth of the Torah.
Establish courts of law
The belief in G-d’s reward and punishment.
Eating a limb from a living animal
The ultimately good destiny of creation.
Meditations for Bnei Noach:
Inner Dimension (External Power of the Soul)
Loving-kindness – Chesed
Experiencing Continual Re-creation of Reality
Might – Gevurah
Standing in Awe before G-d
Beauty – Tiferet
Recognizing G-d’s Miracles
Victory – Netzach
Trust & Confidence
Committing to Self transformation
Acknowledgement – Hod
Becoming a Servant of G-d
Limb of a living animal
Foundation – Yesod
Truth / fulfillment
Experiencing Divine Providence
Establish a Just legal system
Kingdom – Malchut
Making a Home for G-d on Earth